Re: [changeset-2] improved support for pdf output

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: Re: [changeset-2] improved support for pdf output
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:32:05 +0200

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

>>> Why not
>>>
>>> fprintf (plot_stream, "%s\n", term_str);
>>>
>>> ?
>>
>> I'll fix that.

>>> Is "which" reliable on all systems?  Why not just try to run the
>>> convert command and see if it works?
>>
>> There is no "which" in windows. Does anyone know of an equivalent that
>> works for XP and Vista?
>>
>> Ben
>
> Ok, I should always have my coffee before firing off quick replies :-(
>
> Does "which" work on Cygwin? ... In any event, I'll make that change as
> well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben

There is also different executable called convert.exe in
C:\Windows\system32 which is a MS utility for file system conversion,
so convert would be found even if ImageMagick was not installed.
Wouldn't possible solution be to include convert in Windows Octave
installer? (although that would probably mean including ImageMagick
library)

Regards
Ivan Sutoris