Re: polytrans & polyscale

From: Thorsten Meyer
Subject: Re: polytrans & polyscale
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:20:50 +0200

Hi,

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Thorsten Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

hi,

I recently added the functions polytrans (p(x) -> p(x+a)) and
polyscale (p(x) -> p(x*a)) to the scripts/polynomial, though they are
not yet added to the build process. Does anyone object to adding these
functions definitely? These are not in Matlab core, but then neither
is a number of other polynomial functions (polyint, polyout...).
Opinons wanted.

I like those functions. So I vote for adding them to octave.

Still, I have a few remarks:
 - there seems to be a bug in polytrans: try the example given in the help text.
It looks as if polytrans calculates f(-x - a)

Works for me. What's your tip? Be aware that I extended "pascal" for
this purpose to be able to return the standard pascal triangle without
unnecessary sign changes.

I've just rebuilt from the current tip. Now the sign reversal is gone.

thanks

Thorsten