Re: Function handles for nonexisting functions

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Function handles for nonexisting functions
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 23:02:33 -0400

It seems to that in the older version, if the handle was invalid at creation it remains invalid always. The newer version seems to have added an extra lazy evaluation in the case of invalid handles i.e. Matlab will try to find a function in the evaluation scope at the time of evaluation before failing. The new new behavior is probably useful for rapid prototyping.

--judd

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:32 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 22-Apr-2009, Judd Storrs wrote:

| It behaves differently in different versions. The version I posted first was
| 7.5.0.338 R2007b (the newest version I have access to). In an older version
| R14sp1 student edition 7.0.1.24704 the behavior is different:

Excellent.  I love the moving targets.