Re: OOP and load/save

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: OOP and load/save
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:46:20 -0400

On 23-Apr-2009, Judd Storrs wrote:

| So, I think Matlab keeps an internal memory of each class structure.
| Probably the first time a class of a specific type is created, Matlab
| remembers the member information. If Matlab doesn't have member information
| it calls the constructor with no arguments. I'll do some more testing to
| verify.

OK.  Is that information separate from any objects that are in the
symbol table?  I.e., does "clear all" followed by loading the file
result in the error message when there is no valid constructor?

What happens if you modify the constructor (for example, to add or
remove a field from the class structure) when Matlab is running and
already has some object(s) created using the previous constructor?
Does that generate an error?