Re: OOP and load/save

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: OOP and load/save
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:10:25 -0400

On 23-Apr-2009, Judd Storrs wrote:

| ??? Error using ==> class
| Number of fields for class Foo cannot be changed without clear classes.

What if you just change the name of a field, but leave the number of
fields the same?  Does that also generate an error (I hope the answer
is yes).

|     CLEAR CLASSES is the same as CLEAR ALL except that class definitions
|     are also cleared. If any objects exist outside the workspace (say in
|     userdata or persistent in a locked m-file) a warning will be issued and
|     the class definition will not be cleared. CLEAR CLASSES must be used if
|     the number or names of fields in a class are changed.

Ah, OK.  So we need to cache the fields (or just number of fields?)
the first time a constructor is called, and compare field names on all
subsequent constructor calls.  I guess I can add that feature if
someone else doesn't get to it before me.  If anyone does decide to
work on that, then please let me know.

Thanks,