OOP load update

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: OOP load update
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 14:29:38 -0400

On  5-May-2009, Robert T. Short wrote:

| Attached is a fix so that the load command works with legacy objects.
| It works for binary and hdf5 formats, but the save command doesn't work
| with ASCII files, so I haven't fixed the load command.  Will work on
| that later.

How does it fail?  It seems to work for me, at least with the simple
object I tried to save.  Note that it can't work for "save -ascii",
but that's not what the save_ascii function is for.  It is called when
saving objects in the "-text" format.  The naming is an unfortunate
historical artifact...

I would guess that the changes to handle loading from a file saved in
Octave's -text file format should be about the same as for the binary
and hdf5 formats.

What about loading from the MAT file format?  Is that working now?

| This is the last major issue with legacy objects.  There are scads of
| minor issues left.

I checked in this changeset with a few more minor changes.

Thanks,