Re: MinGW build and FTGL library for Octave 3.1.55

From: Alexander Mamonov
Subject: Re: MinGW build and FTGL library for Octave 3.1.55
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:43:04 -0400

Hello Tatsuro,

Thank you for your work on Octave version for Windows. After Michael
has withdrawn his MSVC distribution from Sourceforge, your version
remains the only option for Windows users.
However, that version is rather outdated (3.0.2). Do you have any
plans to make a release of 3.0.5 anytime soon? Not having a latest
Windows binary is one of the reasons why I'm going through a rather
painful (at least for a Windows user like me) process of building
Octave with mingw. I hope that my experience will help to improve
Octave somehow (at least I found a bug in configure script preventing
OpenGL to work in mingw, that John was so kind to fix).
I really want the excellent piece of software that Octave is, to be
adopted by a wide range of users, and for that a high quality binary
Windows distribution is essential.

Regars,
Alex