Re: Octave graphics bugs and thoughts

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave graphics bugs and thoughts
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 16:55:47 -0500

Ben Abbott wrote:

On May 5, 2009, at 11:01 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

It does appear to be a gnuplot issue. Try the commands below ...

set term x11 enhanced
set xlabel "{/Symbol w} A B C D" font ",14"
plot sin(x)

If I issue these commands directly in gnuplot, the result is as expected.  I'll
investigate further.

The colorbar needs more work. There are other examples where it does not render properly. I you make another call to colorbar it should fix itself ... which indicates that a listener should be able to fix it. I looked at this a few weeks ago but didn't find a proper solution.

Perhaps it makes sense to add some additional tests to colorbar that illustrate the problem?

Yes, that's good.

Dan