Re: Octave graphics bugs and thoughts

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: Octave graphics bugs and thoughts
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:00:07 -0500

Ben Abbott wrote:

On May 5, 2009, at 11:01 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

In any event, regarding the issue with the fontsize for eps-output, the gnuplot manual indicates that fontsize is scaled down by a factor of 2. We can compensate for that in print.m

Please comment on the attached changeset. I've compared it to ps output and the fontsizes look consistent to me.

It basically emphasizes what you found, that the fonts aren't positioned
correctly and land on top of the axis line.  (Actually, the tick labels should
be right/left aligned appropriately depending on their relation to the graph,
so that problem really should be addressed in a different way.)  My solution
was to write an exterior version of print() that will scale down the paper size
if EPS then call the normal print().  Fonts come out about right, but the tick
marks are too big.

But, placing conditional "if EPS" etc. scattered about isn't the desired way to
go.

We'll have to think about this a bit.

Dan