Re: [changeset for colorbar] Octave graphics bugs and thoughts

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [changeset for colorbar] Octave graphics bugs and thoughts
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:59:50 -0400

On May 6, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

Ben Abbott wrote:
On May 5, 2009, at 11:01 PM, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
It does appear to be a gnuplot issue. Try the commands below ...
set term x11 enhanced
set xlabel "{/Symbol w} A B C D" font ",14"
plot sin(x)

If I issue these commands directly in gnuplot, the result is as expected. I'll investigate further.

What version of gnuplot are you running? I tried the developers sources and got the same result as in Octave.

However, I can switch to 4.2.3, 4.2.4, or 4.2.5 if needed.

The colorbar needs more work. There are other examples where it does not render properly. I you make another call to colorbar it should fix itself ... which indicates that a listener should be able to fix it. I looked at this a few weeks ago but didn't find a proper solution. Perhaps it makes sense to add some additional tests to colorbar that illustrate the problem?

Yes, that's good.

Ok, provided there are no objections, I'll add the attached demos.

Ben