Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Problem compiling sparse-xdiv.cc (typename)
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 15:29:52 +0100

Hi,

While trying to compile recent octave archive with MSVC, I got a compilation
error at sparse-xdiv.cc, at the statement:

const typename DM::element_type zero = typename DM::element_type ();

Specifically, MSVC cannot interpret correctly the part "typename
DM::element_type ()"
and looks for a static member element_type. It seems to ignore the typename
keyword when used in a constructor-like construct. I worked around that by using

const typename DM::element_type zero = 0;

but I'm not sure this is semantically the same. Is there any other way to work
around that problem?

Bye,
Michael.