Re: bfgsmin iterations

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: bfgsmin iterations
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:50:41 +0200

Hi Levente,
I agree that it seems to be doing some unnecessary calls. One
possibility is that the duplicate calls occur when there is a switch
in the step size  algorithm from Newton to bisection. You might want
to run this with maximum verbosity to see what's going on. If I find
some time I'll try to look at this, but it might take me a while to
get to. I think that a little review by a C++ literate person might
greatly benefit __bfgsmin.cc. I'm strictly an amateur, and
__bfgsmin.cc was the code I learned with.
Regards, Michael