Re: 3.2.0

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: 3.2.0
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:13:22 +0200

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Robert T. Short wrote:
>>
>> Just a question.  What are the criteria for a release?  I am not arguing
>> about the release, just want to know what the process is.
>>
>> I have a few OOP items that need to be done, but the only real thing that
>> should be finished before releasing 3.2 is some documentation and the clear
>> classes function.  How does this fit in?
>>

>> Also, Jaroslav seemed to think that nobody liked the stable repository
>> thing.  I didn't get that impression at all.  I am not sure we ever agreed
>> on the front-to-back process, but I thought the basic notion was pretty
>> agreed on.  It seems to me he should just do it in a way that seems to work
>> for him using the stable repository.  If there are problems, we will just
>> have to do something else.
>
> Documenting the OOP inheritance stuff would probably be a good idea before a
> release as well. I was trying to write a chebyshev class inheriting for the
> example polynomial class for this with an overloaded filter method to create
> chebyshev filters for omega=0:1, but didn't have the time to get very
> far....
>
> D.

David,

as I replied to Robert, I see the OOP stuff in 3.2.0 as experimental.
As such, I don't think incomplete docs are enough of a drawback to
further delay 3.2.0. In fact, docs can make it very easily into 3.2.1,
and I really hope I was not too optimistic about the 2 months
interval.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek