Re: 3.2.0

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: 3.2.0
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 07:54:47 +0100

2009/5/20 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>:
> Just from my curiosity, I would like ask you that you will come back to
> octave for windows/MSVC binary
> release at octave 3.2 ?

At the moment, this is not in my plan to make further releases for
Windows/MSVC. FSF has clearly stated that the way runtime libs
are bundled in the installer is a GPL violation. Moreover, John
has expressed his preference for Windows/MinGW, so I don't see
the point of continuing producing Windows/MSVC binaries.

> AFAIK, you have started to work on MinGW, have not you?

Not really. I just tried to compile octave with MinGW, but didn't
complete the whole stuff.

Michael.