Re: type handling bug?

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: type handling bug?
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:16:54 +0200

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> tir, 26 05 2009 kl. 13:02 +0200, skrev Levente Torok:
>> Thanks for the quick response.
>> This behaviour may be questionable.
>> It modifies my data hiddenly(!) for the expense of some memory saving.
>
> As Jaroslav said: Blame Mathworks.

Hmm, I don't agree with that. One of the arguments in favor of free
software is the ability to modify programs to make them work the way
you want them to. The way Octave works here is the choice of the
Octave developers, not Mathworks. Bug for bug compatibility has its
costs. I don't give the Mathworks the credit for the great features of
Octave, so why should I blame them for the questionable or missing
features?

Currently compiling RC3...
Michael