plot and image demos

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: plot and image demos
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 12:48:18 -0400

Using the current development version I just did

  more off
  rundemos plot
  rundemos image

and stepped through all the demos and everything looks good except
for the following:

  * the demo for comet causes the plot window to grow in the vertical
    dimension (hmm, this happened twice, but then it seems to not be
    100% repeatable).

  * the first surfl demo, the contrast demo, and the first imshow demo
    all showed the warning

      warning: range error for conversion to character value

    but that only happened when running all the demos with rundemos
    plot followed by rundemos image, not when running them
    individually.

  * sombrero produced warnings from gnuplot

      multiplot> et origin 0, 0
                 ^
                 line 1092: invalid command

      Press <enter> to continue:
      multiplot> u
                  nset view;
                 ^
                 line 1092: invalid command

    but this only happened once (?!).  Other runs of this demo seemed
    to work OK.  So I don't know what might have caused problems
    sending data to gnuplot.

Does anyone else see these problems?  Any clues about what could be
causing the warnings?  Is something sometimes not reset properly when
a new figure is created?