R: 3.2.0 release candidate 3

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: R: 3.2.0 release candidate 3
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 18:53:13 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mer 27/5/09, Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> > On 26-May-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> >
> > | RC3 seems to break plotting on cygwin.
> >
> > How?  Please give some details.  Otherwise, I
> > don't think it's likely
> > we can fix anything.
> >
> > jwe
> >

> It seems some change in the gnuplot call, no such problem
> in
> RC2.
>
> Fltk was never working, the plot window produced only
> garbage
> so I am not anymore including it in the build.
>

> octave:1> x=1:10
> x =
>
>     1    2    3
> 4    5    6    7
> 8    9   10
>
> octave:2> plot(x,x.^2)
>

>        3 [main] octave 4876 fork:
> child -1 - died waiting for longjmp before initialization,
> retry 0, exit code 0xC0000139, errno 11
> error: popen2: process creation failed -- Resource
> temporarily unavailable
> error: called from:
> error:
> /pub/cygports/octave/octave-3.2.0-2/src/octave-3.2.0/scripts/plot/__gnuplot_open_stream__.m
> at line 28, column 44
> error:
> /pub/cygports/octave/octave-3.2.0-2/src/octave-3.2.0/scripts/plot/gnuplot_drawnow.m
> at line 82, column 19
>

> unfortunately I have no time in the next days to make
> further testing.
>

> Marco

OK, solved.
it is one of the strange glitch of cygwin and/or my
system.

I built rc4, and I had the same problem when plotting
run-octave.

The issue disappear when I install the build and plot
from that. So it is similar to the random syscall fault
on make check.

Probably I need to real investigate the difference
between run-octave and  installed octave
on cygwin

Regards
Marco