Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:41:43 -0400

On Jun 2, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Jean-Francois Cardoso wrote:
Hello Jaroslav,

I have problem building all 3.2.0 release candidates.
The configure script does not detect properly the
BLAS libraries.  This is happening on two machines of mine:

1) on my MacBook where ./configure spills out:

[...]
checking whether DDOT is called correctly from Fortran... yes
checking whether CDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... no
checking whether ZDOTU is called correctly from Fortran... yes
configure: WARNING: A BLAS library was detected but found incompatible with
your Fortran 77 compiler.
[...]

I had this problem while using the compiler "g95" that shipped with OSX 10.5.7. I got around it by installing gcc44 from macports and calling configure with

        ./configure LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib LIBS=-lmetis \
        FFLAGS=-ff2c F77=gfortran-mp-4.4 \
        CC=gcc-mp-4.4 CXX=g++-mp-4.4

You seem to be doing something more complicated than I am with BLAS libraries, but hopefully this helps anyway.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin