Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 3.2.0 release candidate 5: problems with blas/lapack
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:55:17 -0400

On  3-Jun-2009, Jean-Francois Cardoso wrote:

| The blas detection problem is solved by adding a -ff2c switch.
| I have unfortunately no idea how my libraries are compiled.

Probably in a way that is compatible with f2c, but not with the new
gfortran calling convention.  I think that's what the configure test
is trying to tell you.

| On Linux, I try to link to a prebuilt MKL library.
| On MacOSX, I try to link to the native BLAS (Veclib, in Mac speech).
| On both systems, I had no problems with octave 3.0.xx.

Things change, and in any case, just because there wasn't a configure
test failure in the past doesn't mean that things were working 100%
correctly for you then if you happened to be using a Fortran compiler
that used a different calling convention than the libraries that you
were linking with...

| Let me know if I can help by providing (portions of) log files
| for the above test failures (I am reluctant to post
| fntests.log or config.log which are large files).

Posting the parts that fail for you might help, but unless someone
else can reproduce the problems you are seeing, simpply seeing the log
of the test failures is unlikely to help much.  If you are the only
person seeing the failures, you will probably have to do some
debugging yourself.