Re: 3.2.0 release. Compile problem on MacOSX

From: Jean-Francois Cardoso
Subject: Re: 3.2.0 release. Compile problem on MacOSX
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 04:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

Jaroslav Hajek-2 wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Jaroslav Hajek<address@hidden> wrote:
>> hi all,
>>
>> since nobody reported serious problems with rc7, excep,
>
> with this, I meant "except J.F. Cardoso, whose problems I believe to
> be caused by a miscompilation".

Jaroslav was right in suspecting too old a gcc.

I am happy to report that the miscompilation on MacOSX
(leading to test failures related to struct arrays) is fixed
by upgrading gcc from 4.2 to 4.4.

I do not know what other people do on the Mac wrt octave/gcc.
My solution was to use the gfortran+gcc binaries
from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/

Cheers, JF