Re: plotyy gnuplot error?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: plotyy gnuplot error?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:08:15 -0400

On Jun 11, 2009, at 4:56 AM, Levente Torok wrote:

Hi All,

I tried to scan for this bug on the mail list but I haven't found a definitive response to this.
So here is my recognition.

On octave-3.0.5 and gnuplot version 4.2.5
the following code

ax = plotyy( ppv_cope.x, ppv_cope.y, ppv_cope.x, ppv_cope.n, @plot, @semilogy );
ylabel(ax(1),"left");
ylabel(ax(2),"right");
xlabel("bottom");
title( "title");
print("test.ps","-dps");

The result test.ps labels 'left' and 'right' are missing.
Certainly this is a bounding box problem.
Maybe a gnuplot problem.
Is it possible to circumvent this?

Levente

ps: does anybody know how to persuade gnuplot

Using the default figure paper* properties, this works with the developers sources and should also work for Octave 3.2.

Ben