Re: Questions about testing

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: Questions about testing
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:08:21 -0700

OK. In the case of OOP, I need a hierarchy of classes to run the tests on, so there might be a path issue.

I will work it out.  Ask for help as necessary.

I have a pile of tests already using assert etc., just need to cast it into the form that the test harness uses.

Thanks.

Bob

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 15-Jun-2009, Robert T. Short wrote:

| Thanks.  I thought that was the case, even down to the DejaGnu stuff.
| | I just hate to write some dozens of tests and find out it did it wrong.

If you are planning to add tests, then you should also know that most
new tests should go in the source files, close to where the
to-be-tested functions are defined instead of in separate files in the
test directory.  And tests that are already in the files in the test
directory are candidates for being moved to the sources if someone is
interested in taking on that job.