"make -C src clean" is dirty

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: "make -C src clean" is dirty
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:30:49 -0400

Hi,

In a clean mercurial checkout, following ./autogen.sh and ./ configure, "make maintainer-clean" causes some files to be created. The problem seems to be

Mon 15:00 $ make -C src clean
make -C ../liboctave ../liboctave/DASPK-opts.h
making DASPK-opts.h from DASPK-opts.in
making DASRT-opts.h from DASRT-opts.in
making DASSL-opts.h from DASSL-opts.in
making LSODE-opts.h from LSODE-opts.in
making Quad-opts.h from Quad-opts.in
^Cmake: *** Deleting file `../liboctave/DASPK-opts.h'
make[1]: *** [Quad-opts.h] Interrupt
make: *** [../liboctave/DASPK-opts.h] Interrupt

I think that "make clean" should only remove files? This maybe comes from the targets in src/Makefile depending on FORCE. I'm not sure I understand what's happening enough to suggest a change.

I noticed this since I had some wrong liboctave/*.d files which made my build fail and which weren't correctly regenerated after another configure.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
University of Manitoba, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy