function handles & dispatch

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: function handles & dispatch
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:58:45 +0200

hi,

scanning the Matlab online docs, I found this paragraph in the section
on function handles:

For nonoverloaded functions, subfunctions, and private functions, a
function handle references just the one function specified in the
@functionname syntax. When you evaluate an overloaded function by
means of its handle, the arguments the handle is evaluated with
determine the actual function that MATLAB dispatches to.

I don't think Octave currently does this - only functions are looked
for, and the function is fixed once the handle is evaluated. Can
anyone verify this is true in Matlab? Should we change the behavior to
be Matlab compatible?

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek