Re: desired features for gp backend?

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: desired features for gp backend?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:03:39 -0400

On 14-Jun-2009, Daniel J Sebald wrote:
| set(fig, 'postplot', 'set gnuplotfeature xyz; replot')
| plot(x, y)
|
| might have value.

On Jun 16, 2009, at 4:14 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
I have no interest in doing this because it ties your plotting
commands to gnuplot, and introduces portability problems for people
who don't want to use gnuplot for plotting.  I think it is much better
to have Octave's plotting functions and properties be generic, and
equally supported by all plotting backends.  If you want to use
specific gnuplot features, I think the best solution is to write your
data to a file and use gnuplot directly.

Here's a patch that does it anyway.  Example:
        addproperty("backend_tweak",gca,"string");
        set(gca,"backend_tweak","set border 8");

Cheers,
Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
University of Manitoba, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy