Re: Growing x11 plot window (was: Flickering movies)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Growing x11 plot window (was: Flickering movies)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:13:46 -0400

On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:33 PM, Judd Storrs wrote:

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:38 PM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
My experience is that the x11 figure window's growth (or change in dimension) is related to timing. A sufficiently fast computer may not produce the problem.

In any event, if anyone is running gnuplot 4.2.5 or above, I'd appreciate it if they'd run this script and report back what happens. Just type ...

       gnuplot --persist "debug.gp"

I built 4.2.5 on Ubuntu 9.04 (./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/ gnuplot-4.2.5) and ran your script. The vertical growth is there. And it's also there using the 4.2.4 installed by Ubuntu. The axes flash with each update until the window size is stable in both.

Other observation related to the influence of timing. If compiz is enabled, then 4.2.4 is jerkier in it's growth pattern than 4.2.5. With compiz disabled, 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 seem indistinguishable. 4.2.5 with compiz and 4.2.5 without compiz also seems indistinguishable.

--judd

Thanks Judd,

I've filed a bug report.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2812476&group_id=2055&atid=102055