Re: Growing x11 plot window (was: Flickering movies)

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Growing x11 plot window (was: Flickering movies)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:13:59 -0700

> In any event, if anyone is running gnuplot 4.2.5 or above, I'd
appreciate it if they'd run this script and report back what happens.
Just type ...

>     gnuplot --persist "debug.gp"
>
> ... or run gnuplot and type
>
>     load "debug.gp"
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

6/26/09

Ben,

For gnuplot 4.2.5 this does just as you expected and the plot window
grows until it fills the screen.  I believe we already covered part of
this topic earlier this month on the maintainer's list.  The last e-mail
I sent on the subject was 6/1/09.  I'll just copy and paste the result
from that message.

--Rik

--------------------- Start of Paste --------------------

Attached are different debug.gp files for the
breakage between 8223 and 8224.  The difference is the addition in 8224
of the following preamble lines:

> > set multiplot;
> > set origin 0, 0
> > set size 1, 1

According to the log these changes were done to make the postscript
bounding box accurate.
changeset:   8224:62d90e049d4f
user:        David Bateman <address@hidden>
date:        Thu Oct 16 10:31:37 2008 +0100
summary:     Always use multiplot with gnuplot to ensure correct
postscript bounding box