Re: Compilation fix for MSVC

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Compilation fix for MSVC
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 06:18:42 +0200

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Michael
Goffioul<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to propose the attached patch to resolve a compilation
> issue with MSVC. Any objection?
>
> Michael.

Does removing the redundant (void *) overload help?
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3dea4864921e

In any case, this seems to be a bug in MSVC. I think the implicit
instantiation was uniquely resolvable. In fact, the instance T = (void
*) would not even be a match (scope_id is not implicitly convertible
to void *). So not only there is a best match, there is a *unique*
match.
Maybe you can try to report the bug to Microsoft?

If the above does not help, I don't really object to working it around
this wat, but I think it should be marked as "FIXME: workaround templ.
inst. bug in MSVC X.X.X), so that people can understand why the
explicit qualification is needed and not remove it when modifying the
code.

cheers

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek