Re: Text engine for OpenGL renderer

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Text engine for OpenGL renderer
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:30:02 +0200

Ben Abbott schrieb:

On Jun 30, 2009, at 4:35 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

Ben, can you confirm that your libfontconfig.dylib is compiled against libexpat* and not against libxml2*?

 otool -L <path to file>/libfontconfig.dylib

Thanks again and best regards

 Thomas

Thomas, if I infer correctly, it appears that my fontconfig library from Fink is actually a symbolic link to that which accompanies X11 (XQuartz 2.3.3).

Ok, thanks for your outputs Ben.

I think it is a good idea to compile against Apple's original fontconfig instead of creating another one. The reason why I currently don't compile against X11-fontconfig is that on 10.4.11 we still have XFree86 (a very old fontconfig and freetype library and none X.org at all - this may completely be different on your 10.5.?7 system). I also tried to create another Octave.app that doesn't depend on any X11(.app) at all...

Best regards

  Thomas