Native TikZ backend?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Native TikZ backend?
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:38:56 +0200

Hi All

I recently had to produce some graphics using TikZ for a paper. Doing
this made me realise what a simple way of expressing graphics TikZ
really is. I just spend an hour or two hacking a TikZ backend for the
graphics system together. I'm attaching the code.

To see it in action, run

  demo print_tikz

from Octave and

  pdflatex mytest.tex

from your shell. This will produce a 'mytest.pdf' for you to look at.

The code is very incomplete, and I'm not sure if I'll ever have the time
to finish it, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Soren