Re: patch - tests in bitfcns

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: patch - tests in bitfcns
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:59:40 -0700

Thread switch was understood. Bob is still learning. I guess I worry more about code coverage than the number of tests, but still, your thoughts make sense. Since I didn't write the code and don't completely understand it I don't really imagine I got the code coverage thing all that well either.

I will update the bitfcns tests and recheck against MATLAB. Probably take a couple of days though. Are there any other permutation/combinations that should go in there?

Bob

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 15-Jul-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:

| On 15-Jul-2009, Robert T. Short wrote:
| | | Thanks. My bugs are better than octave bugs. Must have done something | | dumb in the translation back from MATLAB to octave. I am still working | | on automating the whole process, so I suppose glitches are inevitable. | | It probably depends on how closely related the tests are. For
| example, do all of the calls to assert from the first test block in
| conv.m test the same thing, or are they really testing differennt
| things?  If they are testing different things, then maybe they should
| be separate tests?  I'm not sure what is best.

Oops, this reply was really intended for the other thread in response
to the question about whether separate tests are better.