Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:34:54 +0200

man, 20 07 2009 kl. 23:00 +0300, skrev Shai Ayal:
> How about the attached patch? (it's against current hg so it includes
> Soren's previous patch). I used the code from octavede. It now
> zooms/pans the axes in which the mouse pointer is in. It will not
> change the current axes, as I'm not sure I like this idea.
>
> Comments?

This works quite nice. It would be great if something like this would be
pushed.

I'm not sure the current axes should be changed either. When I was a
Matlab user, I found it quite annoying that I could change the current
figure by selecting the associated window (this got really annoying with
sloppy focus). I guess I could easily get annoyed if the current axes
was changed due to a mistaken mouse scroll.

With your patch I sometimes experience that the plot disappears, and I'm
left with a blank window. I only experience this when zooming on
subplots. I haven't found out how to reproduce the problem, but I
thought I'd mention it anyway.

Soren