Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:54:05 -0400

On Jul 20, 2009, at 11:58 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 6:53 AM, John W. Eaton<address@hidden> wrote:
On 21-Jul-2009, Shai Ayal wrote:

| It's not clear to me exactly what you tried, but panning is done by
| dragging the mouse, zooming by using the mouse scroll wheel.

Ah.  Duh.  I didn't think to try the scroll wheel.  What if I didn't
have one? I was expecting to be able to draw a rectangle and have the
plot zoom to that region.  Would it be hard to implement something
like that?

In fact, my notebook (notebooks in general?) doesn't have a scroll wheel. However, I do like using the scroll wheel to zoom when I have one.

This was the previous behavior. I can make it user-definable but I
think we don't have a mechanism for setting backend specific settings,
so we'll have to agree on something before I can proceed.

Would it not be possible to support both a scroll wheel and click-drag- release?

Also, how does one unzoom? ... double-click doesn't work for me (which is how I'd do it in Matlab).

| clicking should have no effect

It seems to cause something like

 ca=VALUE

to be printed in the command window.  This looks like handle for the
current axes object.  Is that just some debugging output?

Yes, it's debugging. I'll try to hunt it down.

BTW, I get

octave:1> backend('fltk')
octave:2> x = 10:0.01:10;
octave:3> plot(x,sin(x))
octave:4> ca=nan
ca=nan
ca=nan
ca=nan

octave:4> axis auto
octave:5> ca=nan
ca=nan

I'm running fltk 1.1.9, with the current sources (thus zooming is by click-drag-release).

Ben