Re: strcat error on printing plots

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: strcat error on printing plots
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:51:55 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mar 21/7/09, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Da: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
> Oggetto: Re: strcat error on printing plots
> A: "Marco Atzeri" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "octave maintainers list" <address@hidden>
> Data: Martedì 21 luglio 2009, 14:38

> #    unwind_protect
>
> #    unwind_protect_cleanup
>
> #    end_unwind_protect
>
> If you then run your commands, the error should provide
> more information.
>
> Ben

Hi Ben
unfortunately no change:

error: Invalid call to strcat.  Correct usage is:

 -- Function File:  strcat (S1, S2, ...)

Additional help for built-in functions and operators is
available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`doc <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.octave.org and via the address@hidden
mailing list.
warning: __gnuplot_get_var__: some elements in list of return values are
undefined

however checking the memory consumption I suspect some
leakage memory issue..

After octave start I have

21664 K used memory as working set
a="prova.png";
 21668 K
x=1:100;
 21684 K
plot (x,x);
 62420 K
print( "prova1.png","-dpng");
 62432 K

every successive print command increase the memory
foot print of 8K until it crash
sometime is only after few trials sometime I reached
12 print's before crash.

Only the print is causing such memory increase,
if I repeat the plot or the assigment the memory
consumption stay flat.

Regards
Marco