Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:00:05 +0300

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:51 PM, John W. Eaton<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 23-Jul-2009, Shai Ayal wrote:
>
> | I attach a changeset incorporating Soren's and my precious patch. It
> | implements the following behavior for the fltk backend:
> | Keyboard Shortcuts (operate on the current axes):
> | a - autoscale
> | g - toggle grid
> |
> | Mouse (operate on the axes below the mouse pointer)
> | left drag - pan
> | mouse wheel - zoom
> | right drag - rectangle zoom
> | left double click - autoscale
> |
> | It laso chages the help buttons label from "H" to "?" which might help
> | people realize what it is.
> | Hopefully this compromise will satisfy all (Probably, as compromises
> | go, it'll just annoy everyone). Maybe in the future there will be some
> | mechanism to customize the backend, so everyone can be happy
>
> The rectangle zoom doesn't seem to work for me.  Instead of zooming,
> clicking and dragging the right mouse button draws a series of
> rectangles which don't go away when the mouse button is released, and
> no zoom occurs (see the attached screenshot).  I assume it works for
> you, so do you have any clues about how to debug this problem?  I'm
> using libfltk1.1-dev (v 1.1.9-6) on a Debian AMD64 system.  Does
> anyone else see this problem?

Did rectangle zoom it work for you before the change?
Actually I am seeing a lot of problems when using hardware accelerated
OpenGL, (on intel graphics cards) but when using software rendering
(e.g. using a remote X-session) I think all is well. you can tell what
OpenGL renderer you are using by:
glxinfo | grep renderer

I will try to debug these problems, but I'm not sure how ...
Did rectangle zoom it work for you before the change? Maybe this will
give me a clue as to debugging.

Shai