Re: new TikZ terminal

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: new TikZ terminal
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:36:22 -0400

On Jun 24, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Wednesday, June 24, 2009, at 01:59PM, "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden > wrote:
On 11-Jun-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| Recently the gnuplot developers introduced a TikZ terminal. This
| terminal is able to produce some very nice latex figures.
|
| I've attached a changeset for Octave's developers sources, as well as
| an octave m-file and simple latex document to produce an example.
|
| The m-file uses a shell script, "preview" (which I wrote for Mac OSX), | that will need to be replaced by an appropriate command to display a
| pdf file.

This changeset doesn't appear to be in the archives.  Is there a
problem with it?  I haven't built a recent gnuplot snapshot to try
it.

jwe

I'm about ready to commit this one. I've been dragging my feet a bit due to other changes to the backend.

Ben

I've been holding off on this changeset to avoid branching while bugs were being fixed for 3.2 ... my delay was also intended to allow the gnuplot side to settle on the syntax, which I think is stable now.

As Jaroslav has suggested we move onto 3.3,now seemed like a reasonable time to move forward

I've pushed a changeset adding support for gnuplot's TikZ terminal.

Attached is the changeset, a demo script, and the latex doc needed to render the result.

Ben