Re: overloaded function handles

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: overloaded function handles
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 17:09:33 -0400

I came across this article sometime this week and bookmarked it for further reading (I haven't yet had time to read closely) about the newest specification of the java virtual machine now including bytecodes for function handles. This was added to improve support and performance of dynamic scripting languages that target the JVM.

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/DynTypeLang/index.html

There is a discussion about (supposedly annoying) ways to emulate the desired behavior that have been used by scripting languages on the JVM in the past.

--judd