Re: [changeset] GraphicsMagick++ configuration

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: [changeset] GraphicsMagick++ configuration
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 08:57:06 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 27-Aug-2009, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| David Grundberg schrieb:
| > Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
| >> I applied this, updating also src/oct-conf.h.in and src/toplev.cc,
| >> which was necessary.
| >>
| >> regards
| > David
| | That change causes a failing GraphicsMagick++ test for me. I changed | | CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $MAGICK_CPPFLAGS"
|    LDFLAGS="$LIBS $MAGICK_LDFLAGS"
|    LIBS="$LIBS $MAGICK_LIBS"
| | (cf. LDFLAGS line) to | | CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS $MAGICK_CPPFLAGS"
|    LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS $MAGICK_LDFLAGS"
|    LIBS="$LIBS $MAGICK_LIBS"
| | then it worked for me again. If this is the right thing to do then can you | please make such a change? Thanks,

In the configure script, I would not modify LDFLAGS, but instead just
do

  save_LIBS="$LIBS"
  LIBS="$MAGICK_LDFLAGS $MAGICK_LIBS $LIBS"

  LIBS="$save_LIBS"

I checked in the following change.

  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/8dc1531e2149

Thanks,

jwe

Thanks for fixing the typo, John. I'm curious; from reading the autoconf manual, LIBS are for -l flags, and LDFLAGS are for the rest. Why do you prefer using LIBS only?

David