Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:11:32 +0200

Thomas Treichl schrieb:
John W. Eaton schrieb:
On 18-Aug-2009, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| > Where is the requirement for -lexpat coming from?
| | -lexpat "or" -lxml2 is a dependency of -lfontconfig, I don't know if this in a | general issue or if I need to fight such things for myself?

Probably our check for the fontconfig library needs to take that into
account.  I haven't tried to update the part of the configure script
that checks for the fontconfig library.

I've had a look into fontconfig.pc - fontconfig's pkg-config configuration file - there it says something about -lexpat. Maybe we should change the test for fontconfig to the pkg-config variant?

cat /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/lib/pkgconfig/fontconfig.pc

  prefix=/tmp/deps-i386
  exec_prefix=${prefix}
  libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
  includedir=${prefix}/include

  Name: Fontconfig
  Version: 2.6.0
  Libs: -L${libdir} -lfontconfig
  Libs.private: -lexpat -L/tmp/deps-i386/lib -lfreetype
  Cflags: -I${includedir}

Oh. It already is pkg-config driven! I need a new idea ;)

  Thomas