Re: 3.2.3 RC2

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.2.3 RC2
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:58:36 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have encountered the same error.
It depended on the Atlas Libraries.

The Atlas 3.8.3 libraries at home (cerelon-M) works correct, however the atlas
3.8.3 libraries on the
computer (HT-pentium) gave the same error as the below.  Fortunately the atlas
3.8.2 libraries for
Ht-pentium are remained.  I had tried them, the error disappeared.

I do not know why the results depend on the Atlas libraries  at present.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Marco Atzeri <address@hidden> wrote:

> -- Mar 1/9/09, Dmitri A. Sergatskov <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>

> > On i686 after fixing lapack/atlas issues I am still getting
> > 1 failure
> > on make check:
> >
> >  ***** testif HAVE_ARPACK
> >  [u2,s2,v2,flag] = svds(a,k,0);
> >  s2 = diag(s2);
> >  assert(flag,!1);
> >  assert(s(k:-1:1), s2, 1e-10);
> > !!!!! test failed
> > assert (s (k:-1:1),s2,1e-10) expected
> > 38.060
> > 38.060
> > 38.034
> > 38.034
> > 38.015
> > 38.015
> > 38.004
> > but got
> > 38.060
> > 38.034
> > 38.034
> > 38.015
> > 38.015
> > 38.004
> > 38.004
> >
> > ========
> >
> > So I suspect that there are some problem with lapack left.
> > (Or may be with arpack.)
>
> on 3..2.3-RC1 cygwin I had
>
>   ***** testif HAVE_ARPACK
>  [u2,s2,v2,flag] = svds(a,k,0);
>  s2 = diag(s2);
>  assert(flag,!1);
>  assert(s(k:-1:1), s2, 1e-10);
> !!!!! test failed
> assert (s (k:-1:1),s2,1e-10) expected
>    38.034
>    38.034
>    38.015
>    38.015
>    38.004
>    38.004
> but got
>    38.060
>    38.034
>    38.034
>    38.015
>    38.015
>    38..004
>    38.004
> Dimensions don't match>>>>>
>
> Is eventually the expected value wrong ?
>

> > I am tempted to recompile everything with either
> > "-ffloat-store" or
> > "-msse -mfmath=sse2" ...
> >
> > Any hints would be appreciated.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Dmitri.
> > --
> >

> Marco

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/