Re: Building octave with large matrices support

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Building octave with large matrices support
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 08:50:11 +0200

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM, John W. Eaton<address@hidden> wrote:
> As a start for checking consistency of integer sizes at compile time,
> I checked in the following change:
>
>  http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/f26229391ea1
>
> If configuring with the --enable-64 option fails to detect the proper
> size integer and we are using gfortran, then -fdefault-integer-8 is
> added to FFLAGS if it is not already there.  Checks for other
> compilers could be added, but I don't know what the compiler names or
> options should be.
>
> jwe

I've also added into acx_blas_f77_func.m4 a (tricky) check for
matching integer sizes between Fortran and BLAS:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/de6f547574be

So now it works like a charm:
If I turn on --enable-64, OCTAVE_CHECK_FORTRAN_INTEGER_SIZE adds
-fdefault-integer-8 to FFLAGS, and subsequently ACX_BLAS_WITH_F77_FUNC
rejects the discovered BLAS library as incompatible. Octave will
build, but only with reference BLAS.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek