Re: 3.2.3 RC2

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: 3.2.3 RC2
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:37:00 +0200

> Benjamin Lindner wrote:
> >

> > BTW I realized that it is no longer possible to debug what is going on
> > between octave and gnuplot by simply doing
> > gnuplot_binary("tee log.txt | gnuplot")
> > since octave now seems to rely on 2way communication to gnuplot ?
> >
> > Is there a different way of peeking into what is sent to gnuplot - other
> > than to compile a version of gnuplot with an intrinsic "tee"-like
> feature,
> > prefreably a way even windows understands?
> >

> drawnow ("x11", "/dev/null", false, "/tmp/log.txt")

thanks !

> It is even documented.

the documentation says:

 -- Built-in Function:  drawnow ()
 -- Built-in Function:  drawnow ("expose")
 -- Built-in Function:  drawnow (TERM, FILE, MONO, DEBUG_FILE)
     Update figure windows and their children.  The event queue is
     flushed and any callbacks generated are executed.  With the
     optional argument `"expose"', only graphic objects are updated and
     no other events or callbacks are processed.  The third calling
     form of `drawnow' is for debugging and is undocumented.

so actually it's "undocumented" ;-)
anyway, thanks for hinting.

using drawnow("windows", "foo.txt", 9, "debug.txt")
I see that indeed gnuplot is left in multiplot state, which explains why
interaction is not possible.

benjamin