Re: A backend("fltk") problem

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: A backend("fltk") problem
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 09:27:03 +0300

> Take a look at:
> http://www.geuz.org/gl2ps/
>
> This seems like a good choice.

I agree that gl2ps is the best choice and, as I said earlier, it
consists of two files - a c-file and an h-file. I have some experience
from octplot with it, so I can tell you the problems right away :)
Text as usual. The PS fonts might have different metrics than the
screen fonts. This I tried to solve by using screen fionts which are
identical to the PS built-in fonts
If you want to use LaTeX style text with super & subscripts, gl2ps
does not support it out of the box and will have to be modified, but I
think the other Michael G. has already done something similar in
jhandles in the past, so he cxan give advice.

Shai