Changeset: LD_PRELOAD on run-octave.in and cygwin documentation

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Changeset: LD_PRELOAD on run-octave.in and cygwin documentation
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 10:53:58 -0400

On  3-Sep-2009, Marco Atzeri wrote:

| order and separator change on run-octave.in
|
| -LD_PRELOAD="$liboctinterp $liboctave $libcruft" \
| +LD_PRELOAD="$libcruft:$liboctave:$liboctinterp" \

The change in order is probably OK, but I'm not sure about making an
unconditional change from spaces to colons for separators.  The man
page for ld.so on my Debian system specifically says that LD_PRELOAD
is a whitespace-separated list.  Same for the ld.so man page I found
for Solaris on the web.  Although it is not documented, my system also
allows :, but I'm not sure about other systems.  Can someone with
access to a Solaris system check?

| plus dedicated comment on README.Cygwin.

If we make some change in the run-octave script, then I don't think
all the notes you added are necessary.

Since the run-octave script is generated, how about fixing the
commands that generate the LD_PRELOAD line so that your change is only
made for Cygwin systems?