Contribution to the optimization toolbox

From: Leonardo Martins
Subject: Contribution to the optimization toolbox
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:06:59 -0300

Hello there,

I'm an experienced MATLAB user who has been working on applied
optimization for the last 6+ years and have recently been introduced
to the latest developments in Octave. Although many impressive
improvements have been done in several areas since last time I played
with Octave, from my very own perspective quite a few things could be
done for the optimization toolbox. I believe many MATLAB Optimization
Toolbox users would love to switch to Octave, and that's why I'm
writing to you.

I'm willing to help on the implementation of algorithms I have worked
on for the Octave base, but first would like to know from the
maintainers what the current development status is, and also what are
the plans for future improvements. I have experience with interior
point algorithms for nonlinear programming, as well C and MATLAB
programming.

Bottomline is: I would like to help but don't know how and where to start.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

  -- L.M.
Ph.D Student