Re: Contribution to the optimization toolbox

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Contribution to the optimization toolbox
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:36:43 +0200

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 3:28 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On  7-Sep-2009, Michael Creel wrote:
>
> | I'm trying to
> | compile a checkout of the development version to see if I can
> | replicate your results, but it crashes with
> | In file included from ./txt-eng-ft.h:28,
> |                  from ./gl-render.h:43,
> |                  from ./DLD-FUNCTIONS/fltk_backend.cc:60:
> | /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No
> | such file or directory
>
> I'd say fix this problem first.  Why is freetype/config/ftheader.h
> missing?  Note that Octave is not including this file directly, it is
> included from /usr/include/ft2build.h, so I think there is some
> problem with your installation of FreeType.  Look at the
> /usr/include/ft2build.h file to see if there are some clues there.
>
> jwe

Hmm, the fltk stuff is pretty new for me. I'm running Kubuntu 9.04,
and freetype, etc., come from the provided packages. My first problem
is that I don't have a clear idea of what libraries (or more usefully
for me, Debian package names) are required.  Perhaps I'm missing a
needed package. I can compile 3.2.x release candidates without
problems, including with the fltk backend. There doesn't seem to be a
switch to disable compilation of the fltk backend in the development
version. Is there some way to do that?
Michael