Re: A backend("fltk") problem

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: A backend("fltk") problem
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:54:43 +0100

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Michael D
Godfrey<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/02/2009 08:46 PM, Shai Ayal wrote:
>
> The status of the fltk/OpenGL backend as far as I know is consistent
> with your observation: printing is not yet implemented - it is (was?)
> planned to be done using the gl2ps library (actually consisting of one
> c-file and one h-file).
>
> I just looked up the gl2ps stuff.  It is  standard in Fedora 11 and
> I just installed it.  I looked quickly at the Manual and it looks pretty
> straightforward.
> .
> So, unless you would rather do this yourself, could you very
> briefly indicate where to start in the Octave code?

I strongly suggest that you have a look at JHandles use of gl2ps,
which is what I planned to re-use in OpenGL renderer. The idea is
to derive from opengl_renderer and add the needed stuff for gl2ps:
- initialisation and completion
- color, linestyle... handling
- specific text handling

Except for text rendering, where I already did a large part of the
job in JHandles, the required coding is quite limited, as you built
the renderer on top of the existing OpenGL one.

Just as a concept, the idea is:

class gl2ps_renderer : public opengl_renderer
{
protected:
    void set_color(const Matrix& c)
    {