Re: changeset 9395 (3.2.x branch) should be applied not only x11 term bu

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: changeset 9395 (3.2.x branch) should be applied not only x11 term but on windows, wxt, ( and aqua) term
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 08:07:00 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Ben Abbott wrote:

> I had come to the same conclusion. The flickering is caused by set/
> unset multiplot.
>
> It *may* be possible that this can be fixed in gnuplot and I'm willing
> to file a bug report with the gnuplot developers, but thus far I've
> not be able to produce a simple script to demonstrate the behavior.
>
> However, I favor applying Tatsuro's patch as it will have no negative
> impact and will eliminate the flickering for current releases of
> gnuplot. When/if the problem is fixed in a future version of gnuplot,
> the function __gnuplot_has_feature__ may be modified and used to
> produce the desired results for different versions of gnuplot.

Thank you for your detailed comment.  I can understand what is problem.
It will be grate if the problem will be solved by fixing gnuplot.

However, thinking about the gnuplot distribution style on various platform, all
users cannot always
use the most recent gnuplot (perhaps cvs release). Therefore the patch
proposed by Ben for x11 and
the extension of it to windows and wxt terminal by me will can be accepted as a
temporal
patch.  Perhaps the fix of gnuplot will be included in the next major official
release of gnuplot of
ver. 4.4, the patches can be deleted.

Regards

Tatsuro

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/