Re: multiple precision version of BLAS and LAPACK

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: multiple precision version of BLAS and LAPACK
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:26:22 +0200

The fixed package was aimed at doing fixed point calculations for DSP/ASIC bit accurate analysis and do it fast. Typically 16 bit numbers or less are all that are used in that case.. GMP is for much larger numbers than that.. I'd suggest looking at the VPA type in the symbolic package instead.

David

Maho NAKATA wrote:
Hello Jaroslav Hajek,

Many thanks for your kind reply. I'll look at it and maybe the
start from here looks very nice.

Best,