Re: Revisions to Plotting Sections of the Manual

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: Revisions to Plotting Sections of the Manual
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:36:10 +0300

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Michael D Godfrey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have attached 2 PDF files just for comment.  These
> show much of what I have done so far.  A lot still
> needs to be done, but I would like to know anything
> helpful about what I have.  Particularly, I would
> like to know about mistakes or ways of expressing the
> capabilities better.
>
> Page 244 is the most important.  I intend to expand this
> some, but would like to know if it seems not to be headed
> in the right direction.

Some comments:
Section 15.3: In general, I think it might be clearer to talk about
the hierarchy of the graphics objects -- it root -> figure -> axes ->
(lines, surface, patch text) , where a->b means that the parent "a"
can have many children "b"
section 15.3.1: I don't think image should be depreciated - it is
essential and exists in the competing brand
Also, missing are the *series objects (barseries etc...)

Shai